The Protection of Personal Information Act
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At GRW we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
Definition of personal information
According to the Act “personal information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, Online Intelligence also includes the following items as personal information:
- Names and surnames.
- Business or company name.
- All addresses including business, residential, postal and email addresses.
- Contractual information.
The information we collect
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of business dealings with our partners and understanding your requirements and delivering software and related services accordingly.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal purposes.
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes.
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice.
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis.
- For audit and record keeping purposes.
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes.
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security.
- Computer and network security.
- Access to personal information.
- Secure communications.
- Security in contracting out activities or functions.
- Retention and disposal of information.
- Acceptable usage of personal information.
- Governance and regulatory issues.
- Monitoring access and usage of private information.
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us (contact details provided on our website) and specify what information you require.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the contact details listed below:
Telephone: +27 23 348 6300