GRW was founded by brothers, Gerhard and Wentzel van der Merwe, along with business associate Rossouw van Eeden in 1995.
Their mission was to build world-class road tankers and trailers. Today, Gerhard is still the major shareholder and CEO of the GRW Group.
- 1995 – GRW founded by brothers, Gerhard and Wentzel van der Merwe, and business associate Rossouw van Eeden with the mission to build world-class road tankers.
- 1996 – The first stainless steel tanker was commissioned.
- 2001 – The first fuel tanker was commissioned in SA.
- 2003 – First fuel tanker commissioned in United Kingdom.
- 2008 – GRW entered the Auger and Pneumatic Bulker Tanker markets through the acquisition of TEE
- 2017 – Partnership formed with major German trailer manufacturer, Schmitz Cargobull.
- 2018 – Manufacturing of silo tankers commenced for European market.
- 2021 – Expansion of manufacturing of trailers in Toddin, Germany